Growing Organizational Agility with Sociocracy 3.0
A Learn S3 Practitioner Course Level 1 by James Priest and Lili David.
From growing agile and responsive learning organizations, to governance and decision making, Sociocracy 3.0 brings together an extensive collection of guidelines and practices that can help. You’ll collaborate with others, learn patterns and build competence applying them to respond to a diversity of typical organizational needs. Discover new practices and develop useful skills you can take home and start using right away, whatever your organizational context.
This Learn S3 course will be given by founder and co-developers of Sociocracy 3.0 James Priest and Lili David of Thrive-in Collaboration. Rebelwise is organizing partner. Together we will make sure you will have an optimal S3 learning experience!
22 – 24 April 2020
De Duikelaar, Amsterdam
This is a LearnS3 Practitioner Course Level 1
This course will help you to…
- understand the basic elements of S3: the concepts, principles, and a majority of patterns and their purpose.
- identify and communicate organizational needs, seize opportunities and learn how an entire organization can improve its ability to consciously respond.
- co-create proposals, effectively make and evolve decisions in rapid learning cycles and guide others to do so, using patterns from S3.
- more effectively distribute and organize work, foster engagement and self-responsibility, and improve meeting effectiveness.
- evolve fit-for-purpose organizational structure, reduce waste and maximize value creation throughout the entire system.
- identify specific patterns and practices you can use right away to respond to organizational challenges you face.
This course is for:
- Leaders and managers.
- Organizational change agents, consultants and HR.
- Agile coaches, Project Managers and Scrum Masters.
- Anyone interested in exploring ways of improving self-organization and distributed / decentralized leadership.
- Those interested in new trends in organizational development like Responsive.org, Reinventing Organizations, Teal, Holacracy etc.
During this learning journey you will:
- develop your general knowledge and understanding of the body of S3 concepts, principles and patterns.
- explore how to identify, communicate and effectively respond to organizational needs throughout an organizational system.
- practice using S3 patterns for making and evolving agreements, improving meeting effectiveness and enabling personal and group development.
- examine practices for effective facilitation and participation in collaborative group interactions.
- apply S3 patterns to kick-start a (simulated) grassroots organization and move rapidly from concept to action in self-organizing groups.
- examine various ways to build and evolve organizational structure to support the continuous flow of value.
- frequently reflect on your practice and learning with others and develop your reflexivity.
We found a lovely location for the training in Amsterdam, called De Duikelaar. It’s spacious, light and located right next to the Sloterpark. We’ve got the place to ourselves during the three days. There is possibility to park your car at low costs at swimmingpool Sloterparkbad, which is just around the corner. If you travel by public transport you can take the metro to station Jan van Galenstraat. There is a nice hotel close by, right next to the metro station, called The Student Hotel (not just for students, don’t worry).
The costs for this course are €1.985 (Early bird prices of €1.585 applies untill March 1, 2020). We know the course is good value for money. If you wish to participate in this course and the fee is beyond your means or the value you place on it, please contact us to explore how your attendance may still be possible. We wish to ensure that cost is no barrier to attending Sociocracy 3.0 courses.
About the trainers
The trainers for this Learn S3 Practitioner level 1 are James Priest and Lili David. Sociocracy 3.0 was first conceived by Bernhard Bockelbrink and James Priest in 2014 and launched in March 2015. Lili David joined the team soon after and together they collaborate to develop both the guide and the website.
Alongside developing Sociocracy 3.0 and supporting people in organizations to improve agility and performance, they have designed an extensive range of courses and workshops which they’ve delivered throughout Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. We are proud to be working with them and having them for this great course!
Lili serves internationally, providing learning facilitation and mentoring to groups and organizations wishing to develop greater effectiveness and equivalence in collaboration.
Her warmth, clarity and practicality is complimented by her ability to support people wishing to co-create and collaborate effectively towards a shared purpose. Combining a background in communications, business administration and events management with her growing experience as a co-developer and trainer of Sociocracy 3.0, she supports organic organizational development to unfold.
James serves internationally providing organizational development consultancy, learning facilitation, mentoring and conflict resolution for people wishing to evolve collaborative, adaptive organizations at scale.
A co-founder and developer of Sociocracy 3.0, he combines extensive experience of sociocracy with 15 years practice in the fields of holistic organizational development, facilitative leadership and personal and relational transformation. He currently spends most of his time supporting others to learn about Sociocracy 3.0 and working with organizations to evolve enterprise agility.
This is a Learn S3 Course
Worldwide, interest in learning about and applying Sociocracy 3.0 grows. There is a need for high quality, coherent services (training and learning materials) for people wishing to discover, learn about and use S3 to maximize the quality and thus positive impact of them implementing S3 patterns.
Sociocracy 3.0 is an open source guide for evolving agile and resilient organizations. This open source character is very important, because we aspire to make a positive impact on the way people work together. We as Learn S3 want to make sure that people are benefiting from high quality learning experiences, where the spirit of S3 is preserved with integrity.